GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to all the rentals and packages sold by TuscanVillas.com (a division of Italy’s Finest s.r.l.), unless otherwise stated following specific villa’s terms and conditions:
1) RESERVATION, CONFIRMATION AND PAYMENTS To confirm your reservation, a deposit of 50% of the total rental fee is required. Payment can be made by credit card or Bank transfer. Final payment is due at least 60 days prior to the start of rental period. For reservations made within 60 days of arrival, full payment is required at time of booking. The contract is confirmed by payment of the deposit.
2) ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
- Arrival time: between 4 p.m. and 7.00 p.m. or according to property’s specific requirements. Should clients experience some delay, they should telephone the local representative to advise the estimated time of arrival. Local representatives will do their utmost to accommodate after-hours’ requests, however the company and owners of properties will not accept arrivals after 10.00 p.m. and do not accept responsibility for damages, costs or other consequences whatsoever of late arrivals. Where possible, TuscanVillas.com (a division of Italy’s Finest s.r.l.) will arrange late arrivals upon request for parties travelling on late flights.
- Departure time: before 10.00 a.m. Where possible, requests for late check out will be accommodated, however this must be by prior agreement with the local representative. If the party needs to leave the property early in the morning of the day of departure, they must inform the local representative in due time, and the check out procedures will be finalized the evening before departure day.
- Any delays or variations must be communicated at least 48 hours before arrival. No refund will be given if the guest is unable to settle into the property on the expected day or at the scheduled time, due to travel problems. The same rule applies to early departure, and/or unused services.
In the event of cancellation of the client, he/she will be entitled to reimbursement of the rental fee subject to the deduction of the following penalties: 30% of total rental fee if the cancellation is notified within 60 days of the start of rental period; 50% if cancellation is notified 50 days before the start of rental period; 80% if cancellation is notified between 29 and 15 days before the start of rental period; 100% if cancellation is notified within 14 days before the start of rental period.
4) In the event of unforeseen circumstances (i.e. catastrophic event), we reserve the right to void the contract, and return the amount paid.
5) All claims must reach our organization before, and no later the rental period, otherwise the guest will lose any rights to compensation.
6) Upon receipt of the sum agreed, we will forward to the guest all the information on how to reach the property, and the person in charge of the Villa.
7) Although prepared with the utmost care, the descriptions and photographs of the properties are indicative, and may be subject to changes.
8) A refundable safety deposit of Euro 5.000,00 has to be paid on cash, or double signed traveler checks, upon arrival, for any damage or extra charges, otherwise the owner is entitled to refuse the access. In the event that some of the house items (furniture, decoration, machines etc) are lost or damaged or some extra service has been charged, the owner or his delegate will charge the amount. The deposit or its balance will be refund at check-out.
9) The access to the swimming pool is denied to any kind of pets and to any children younger than age 10 or lower without the adult supervision.
10) Guest at all times swim at their own risk.
11) The swimming pool is open from May to October (depending on weather condition).
12) The owner or the Villa manager reserve the right to inspect the property at any time in order to continue to preserve the cleanliness of the Villa.
13) In the unlike event of cancellation by the owner and an acceptable alternative is not found then the owner must refund all money paid.
14) CLEANING AND ORDER: The house must be delivered and left clean and in order. Crockery and other equipment of the house (chairs, blankets, etc.) must not be used or transported out of the house. Candles and oil burners are not permitted inside the house and must be used with great care on paved terraces. After delivery, repairs of breakdowns caused by the Clients and those of ordinary maintenance (plugging of toilets. and basins, damages to equipment and furniture and to the property, stains on mattresses and bed covers, broken crockery) will be charged to the Clients and the amounts will be deducted directly from the security deposit. In uncertain circumstances the person in charge will keep the whole of the security deposit and will return any balance together with receipts for the expenses met for repairs carried out after the departure of the Client.
15) COMPLAINTS: All properties are checked regularly by TuscanVillas.com (a division of Italy’s Finest s.r.l.) to ensure that they meet the required standards and that they are accurately reflected in descriptions and promotional material. Whilst the company will do all that is reasonably possible to ensure that properties comply with descriptions or to rectify any problems which arise as a result of changes to properties or chattels, it cannot accept responsibility for last minute changes or variations outside of its control. Complaints should be directed within 24 hours (of the cause of the complaints arising) to the area representative or to TuscanVillas.com (a division of Italy’s Finest s.r.l.) directly, who will endeavour to resolve the problems, or find an alternative solution. Complaints giving rise to claims for compensation must be directed to our office in writing within 24 hours of the end of the rental period. Claims arising outside of this period are invalid. In addition, should the client leave the property for whatever reason without notifying TuscanVillas.com (a division of Italy’s Finest s.r.l.) in writing beforehand, any claims for compensation are rendered null and void. It is important that clients understand and acknowledge that sometimes a building has historical value, and is furnished with antiques and period furniture which are different to today’s modern furnishings and appliances. This property offers the opportunity to the client to live for a short time in a different world where tradition and history form a part of the local life and culture. Neither TuscanVillas.com (a division of Italy’s Finest s.r.l.) nor the Owners can accept any liability for accidents occurring howsoever, as the client must be responsible for taking any necessary safety precautions. Equally, no claims of any sort will be entertained in the event of accidents occurring whilst occupants or guests are under the influence of alcohol or any non-therapeutic drugs.
16) ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Clients acknowledge that by signing these terms and conditions, they agree to be bound by the provisions contained herein and to accept liability for damages caused by them or their parties to owners’ properties. The agreement shall be governed by Italian law in every particular including formation and interpretation. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in Italy.
17) RESPONSIBILITY: We’re not be liable for any claims, actions, injuries, damages, loss, delays, or expenses arising out of or resulting from any of the following: any act or omission of any third-party contractor supplying services on your trip, including but not limited to transportation, hotel, food, or sightseeing services; strikes; the failure of aircraft, watercraft, or any other means of transportation to arrive or depart as scheduled.
TuscanVillas.com (a division of Italy’s Finest s.r.l.)